您的位置:首页 > 厦门日报 > 20170717
英语小课堂

Moon-cake game 博饼文化

20170717厦门网 2017-07-17 00:00

    博饼,是厦门人几百年来独有的中秋传统活动,是一种独特的月饼文化,也是厦门人对历史的一种传承。很多外乡人来厦门,都会被这种带有浓厚节日色彩的风俗所打动。那么,如何向外国朋友介绍厦门的中秋博饼呢?双语君准备的这节对话练习,希望对您有所帮助。
    A: It has been really hot recently. I have to stay indoors all day long.
    最近天气好热呀,我白天都不敢出去。
    B: I long for the comfortable autumn in Xiamen. The weather will get much cooler and we can celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival.
    我盼着厦门舒适的秋天,那时会凉快得多,我们还能过中秋节。
    A: What's that?
    什么是中秋节?
    B: It is a traditional Chinese holiday that falls on the 15th day of the eighth month of the Chinese lunar calendar.
    是一个传统中国节日,在中国农历的8月15日这一天。
    A: What happens on this holiday?
    中秋节做什么呢?
    B: It's often a time for family get-together.
    是全家团圆的日子。
    A: Any traditional food?
    有没有什么特别的食物?
    B: Yes, we eat moon cake for dessert.
    有,我们吃月饼当甜点。
    A: Are there any local traditions for the holiday?
    有没有什么地方性的节日活动?
    B: Yes, in and around Xiamen people love to play the moon-cake gambling game around Mid-Autumn Festival. It’s a game of chance that involves rolling six dice and earning various small prizes.
    有。每逢中秋节前后,厦门地区的人都热衷于中秋博饼,玩这种游戏要掷6个骰子,根据结果赢取不同的小礼物。
    A: Moon-cake game?
    赌月饼吗?
    B: We call it that but the prizes are usually household items like a toothbrush, detergent or a towel. It’s on the up-and-up.
    我们称之为博饼,但实际上奖品常常是牙刷、洗洁精、毛巾等日用品,按等级越来越高级。
    A: Sounds fun and funny.
    听起来很有趣。
    B: If you’d like, you can come to my home on this Mid-Autumn Festival for dinner and a moon-cake game after that.
    如果你愿意,你可以和我一块儿回家吃饭,饭后再玩博饼游戏。
    A: That's great, thank you.
    太好了,谢谢你。
    (编辑:张菁 张薇薇)
[责任编辑:吴至圣 来源:厦门日报 ]
详情请关注: